I like to draw, I've always liked it but I started to have interest in it, like for real, about three years ago, a year before I finished highschool. I just took it as a hobby at that time, I didn't know anything about foundations of art, or mediums or whatever, and I just used  a graphite pencil and an ordinary bond paper that we all have in our houses(and with this I'm not trying to say that you need more than that to be really good at drawing, the artist is in the person, not the materials, I'm just trying to say that I wasn't an expert in this topic) I remember that I liked to copy some frames of the animes that I was watching at the moment, or maybe I liked the expression of some portrait and I redrew it, but I didn't do anything more than that. I took it in a pretty light way, it helped me a lot to understand the concept of light and shadow, how to make gradiants and create the sense of depth, understand the amount of light that each color had(since i just used black/white type of materials) and I became a super good observer, I was pretty good at it, but it didn't last so much. When I started university I knew a lot of creative people that influenced the way that I perceived arts and the concept of a good artist that I had in mind. Suddenly I realized that I wanted to be an artist, specifically some illustrator/animator kind of profesional, and not an architect per se, (it's like you have to do things that you don't want to do to discover what you really want to do) and all of that helped me to create a concept of the type of artist that I wanted to became in which there's way more importants in the idea than the technique, the concept behind things, what you really want to express. So, with that in mind, I stopped myself from copying things and started to create new things. Of course at the beginning it was terrible, I became really frustrated about all the things that I did back then, and even though I'm still not confortable with the things that I draw, I can notice a difference between the things that I did back then and the things that I'm currently doing. I try to mantain a regular habit of drawing everyday, even though it is harder every time while studying architecture, but I feel more motivated that ever. I hope someday to be a recognized illustrator and work for a game company or an animation studio, well, dreams are free :)

Comentarios

  1. I think that draw is very fun, it's something about that you must to fail to learn, and you can observe that and change your technique in the time, success

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I had the same feeling when I started the university

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I'm not so good at drawing but I can appreciate good work. I think this is my favourite illustrator: https://www.pinterest.cl/cihaneryilmaz/mervyn-peake/

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog