Choosing a Chilean building is not that easy for me, because I don't know as many as I would like, so I guess I will talk about The Singular hotel. This hotel is located in Patagonia, about 5 minutes away from Puerto Natales by car. Apart from the beauty of the context in which this building is inserted, I like it because is a reference of  good  intervention on a patrimonial building, oriented to let the background of the building be in sight and, at the same time, giving it a proposed new use. I know this building because I had to analyze it for the workshop at the begining of the third semestre, and I love the idea of making of the agricultural culture of the place, a focus of contemplation, something super representative of the society at the time, that still affects some traditions of the society nowadays. And talking about the style, the original building was conceived as industrial architecture, so, it hasn't have a design per se more than just a meat processing plant where people could work with animal stuff. However, the materials that those sheds are made of are woods and bricks from the XIX century, so it's interesting to watch the contrast that appears when you have these materials with the materials of the current hotel. I hope I can go there someday, but it's so expensive :c 


Comentarios

  1. I really liked the way you describe it, it sounds like a beautiful sight. too bad it's expensive.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I believe that the patrimonial buildings must´n be taking part for the people, however, this architectural proposal look so interisting.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I dind´t know this building, with that landscape everything seems better

    ResponderEliminar
  4. ooh Benjamin that hotel Jajajaj I would like to spend a night there , Regards Brooo

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog